Monday, June 9, 2008

Ministry Video :: Surfing & Lost Ring

Hello Everyone-

I finished the Ministry Video for Dennis and Fay and have uploaded it to YouTube.

If you would like to see in action what we have been up to, please check out the link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aG9RwzsIHbw


We are getting closer to making a decision about our departure, but tomorrow should bring more information and we will update you then.

Cool Cash auction did not go as well as expected. The kids were not as excited as we thought they would be for the backpacks. But other than that we sold everything and drew a new winner for a trip to the movies.

Saturday evening we had dinner with Dennis and Faye. They approved the posted video.

Sunday after church we went to Sayulita with the mission team from Colorado. As you know we go Boogie boarding often, but Sunday I had an opportunity to try surfing. It is a similar concept to catching the waves, but surfing you lay completely on the board paddling and boogie boarding you walk on the sandy bottom. I had my boogie board the first part of the day, and later tried surfing on one of the boards a team member had made. I caught one wave all the way to shore and I felt awesome. On the way back out, I was paddling and felt my wedding ring slip off my finger (I know what you are thinking "those kellner kids can loose rings like no other"). For those who do not know, Leslie had lost her ring on Lake Tapps shortly after we first got married. I borrowed my Dads scuba gear and was able to find it the next day under water. Unlike Lake Tapps, Sayulita has a very strong current. I stopped and tried to find my ring for 10 minutes and had no luck. To have any shot at finding it , I would need a metal detector and net and team of searchers. A few minutes later, I caught a 2nd wave to shore and had to share with Leslie the bad news. She was as gracious to me as I was to her when she lost her ring. I guess we can add this to a list of losses, but it came amidst the thrill of surfing some big waves all the way to shore! We will always remember we lost the ring at Sayulita.

Today was a productive day of work both for Leslie and I. We hung an indoor clothes line and Leslie did laundry/changed sheets. I went to Ric and Joys and burned the multiple copies of the DVD for Dennis and Fay and also sent every thing to screen and cleared out the email mailbox. I am trying to do 3 logos before heading back home. I have written this on a break from fine designs.

God Bless!
Joel and Leslie.

3 comments:

JeanneMom said...

The ministry DVD turned out well. Loved what you did with the audio. It is powerful at the end and it does bring glory to God. We recognize His sovereign hand and His mercy in caring for His own. Jesus said,"Let the little children come to Me".

Maybe you guys should look into ring tattoos...

David Malouf -- said...

Bummer about the ring!

Will definitely be praying about how/when to leave - seldom is that an easy task. Especially the way it seems you both have poured your hearts into the people and the work.

Thanks for the ongoing posts,
David Malouf
Federal Way, WA

Glenn Buttkus said...

I love Jeanne's suggestion that you two get "ring tatoos". That way after 10 years, it will be easy to upgrade it, to illustrate ever bigger jewels.

Melva and I really liked seeing all 9 minutes of the video. It gave us a much better sense of place, and of what you and the team are doing and accomplishing.

Joel, if you just had some fat on your carcass, your rings would stay on nicely--take it from me. My ring would have to be taken off with a vise grip.

I am posting this after reading Leslie's comment days after this one. If you continue to work, for a time, at Grand Designs, and she is already employed, your "new" life will be in gear effortlessly. Hope you will prepared after working with children for months, in dealing with Ethan and Austin, when they visit and hang out after your return.

Hugs: Glenn