Sunday, January 27, 2008

Business Cards and 1st Move


This weekend we moved from the Apartment to the in-laws... or should I say "outlaws" =). They ARE pretty wild and crazy.

I have never had much experience moving. As a kid, I lived in the same house for 24 years until marriage and then 3 years in the apartment until now. We have really accumulated a lot of things! I believe we have 6 boxes in just kitchen stuff. Needless to say we have moved everything and are now living in Sumner for two weeks until the BIG MOVE to Mexico.

It is sad to be at our apartment and have it not feel like home. We delivered our cat to his new home on Friday night, so that means he is not meowing in the window. All the pictures are off the wall and the familiar smell is no longer there when we open the door. Leslie shed a few tears seeing our vacant bedroom and thinking that other people will be living there soon.

In preparation to leave, I created the Business card to advertise this blog. We should be receiving the final prints here in a few days, and passing them out this week. Hopefully when people log in they will have something to read.

We continue to thank God for all his provision, people have such a desire to help/support us. It is very humbling.

The official move date is Feb 8.

9 comments:

Just Swagbucks said...

First to comment!!! It is really great what you two are doing and we will be praying for you every day. Please keep your blog up to date so we keep stay connected! We will miss you!
God bless,
Christian and Melissa

Anne said...

hey! I am so happy for you guys! Praise Jesus that you are giving your lives for him. I am excited to see what happens, and Nathan and I will be praying for you.

BrOwN CiRcUs said...

Leslie I love the blog! You are living my dream. Thanks for your service, I think the people of Mexico will be very blessed to have you there. Can't wait to read your adventures!

Dawn...from step class :)
PS. I have a blog too, although its not as exciting as your's will be, just about me and my family, it keeps our loved ones up to date on us since they all live out of state. What a great idea blogging is! www.browncircus.blogspot.com

Jotten said...

Congratulations on this sojourn Joel and Leslie, it has to take a lot of courage to leave the comfort of your home to help people you don't know. I can relate to a lot of what you posted about the preparation of the move, and accumulation of "goods" to fill the boxes with.
Tabbi and I are probably moving to Puyallup at the end of the month, and I'm still flabbergasted at the amount of "stuff" we have accumulated over the last seven years.
Tabbi and I will be praying for you and your honorable efforts.

-Wade Bergman

Barbi said...

WE LOVE YOU JOEL & LESLIE!!

We will definitely be praying for you and that God will do an amazing work in the orphans hearts as well as yours! Hopefully we can come down & visit you, and maybe you can cook us up your famous tortilla soup! :)
I'm excited to keep uo to date w/your blog, and would love to stay in touch through email. Love you guys! Mo & Barbi

Stacy said...

Hey guys. We've been thinking about you and hope you've arrived safely in Mexico. Today will be our first small group meeting without your beautiful faces and I know we will all feel the loss. Yet we believe in you and know how special this experience will be. Blessings!
Nathan and Stacy

The Elfers said...

Hey Guys,
I hope all the last minute preparations went well and that you are now safely ensconced in your place down in Mexico. We'll be praying for you guys as you head out on this exciting adventure!
The Elfers

Hare said...

It was great to read your blog. Your mom gave me the correct web address today. We are so proud of the two of you and your success. Look at everything twice. Once for yourself and once for us. What is your mailing address? You are in our thoughts and prayers. Enjoy this chance of a lifetime. I will write later. Aunt Connie

Angela said...

Leslie,
You have been in my thoughts and prayers. You are touching these children's lives forever. Congratulations on teaching and nurturing these little angels. I can't imagine how hard but gratifying it is. I wish you all the best! I look forward to seeing you back at the Y. Everyone misses you. I wish you all the best!!!!!
Angela (from step class)