Monday, May 12, 2008

::HEALING and VISITORS::

Hello everyone-
It was good to hear all the concern, We sometimes do not think anyone is reading this thing. The Hospital ticket will end up being $25,000 pesos... We paid $10,000 on our card when we left and then still owe $15,000 to the doctor on Friday which we can cover from our savings account.
The first day home, did not hurt much. I stayed in bed mostly playing the Nintendo DS and trying to recover. In the evening, I set up all my print files for work and then went to bed. Saturday morning hurt a little more. I practiced worship in the morning with Joy, and sent off files for work, since we do not have the internet at home. They also have Vonage phone service and I got to call my mom and grandma for an early Mothers Day present.
In the afternoon I tried relaxing on our balcony and we had visitors! Jan and Raul and Allison friends of Leslie's from Washington are down for a visit. Jan had been here before, about the same time the Kittens were born. They were sad to hear about my accident, and I was able to relax in the most comfortable chair as we all visited. It is so fun to get un expected visitors, it really lifts your spirits.
Since they saw the new kittens, Leslie wanted to show where Pancha had been hiding them on top of the hill. They were gone for a while as they climbed the hill. In about 20 minutes they had brought the kittens back down the hill to our balcony. After visiting with the kittens, they tried placing them out front where they were first born. This is the 2nd or 3rd time Leslie had tried this, and as usual, Pancha took them back to their mountain retreat.
Sunday we received a call at about 8 am from a couple Mike and Jennifer who had been reading our blog and wanted to visit with us and go to church. Raul, Jan's husband, plays percussion and we invited him to play the Jimbe Drum for worship. As weeks go on, I am realizing what a privilege it is to lead people into worship. These last few Sundays people have been lifting their hands and really singing along. Raul did a good job with the drum even though it is not the lively music he is used to.
After church, we all went to Freddy's Tucan for breakfast. Mike, Jennifer, Jan, Raul, Allison and Jose (Allisons mexican friend) and Leslie and I. It ends up we all have a common friend in Brett Latin who officiated our wedding. Mike and Jennifer got our blogspot address from Brett. And Jan and Raul are really good friends of Brett.
We visited for a long while then Mike and Jennifer came over to see the apartment and visit more. Mike is a wizzard at Flash and quickly showed me some tips to do what took me 4 hours on my own. You can check out his website at www.heatherandrain.com. It was good to share our experience with them because they hope to do short term mission work sometime in the future.
The pain level for Sunday was pretty intense. I do not understand how I can feel worse 3 days after my surgery than when I first left the hospital. Mornings are the worse. I find when I am still, everything is fine, standing or sitting. It is the moving between that hurts. Also you never realize how much you use that sensitive area: Stopping peeing for example or perhaps coughing.

Today is the first day I am actually beginning to feel better. I walked our trash down the hill to the trash pile and that was probably a little much to begin the day. After the exercize, I spent most of the day resting reading a book "90 minutes in Heaven by Don Piper". I finished the whole thing!
Jan and Allison came up for a short visit in the morning and around 2 we went to "COMIDA CORRIDA". We had 6 people with Vera and Jan, Raul, Allison and Veras friend. Lunch was very good. There is too much to talk about this time.

I think part of getting better is pretending to feel better than you do and actually going out of the house.

After lunch, we went up and got the Police report for the Camera... Hopefully that will be all the Insurance company needs.

Leslie has been doing an awesome job of taking care of me. I am lucky to be married to a nurse. Besides caring for me, today she did the laundry, cleaned the apartment, changed the sheets and swept and mopped the floor. Our apartment looks very nice.

With so much bad news in the past blog entries, I am sure people want to hear how I was recovering and I want to let everyone know that God is good, and things are looking up =)

God Bless!

Joel and Leslie



PS... I almost for got to say that sometime last night Pancha brought all three kittens down to our balcony to take up permanent residence. It looks like Leslie won the battle in the end! They are almost old enough to give away... anybody want a kitten?

No comments: